About Our Chapter
We're 68 years old and still going strong!
Former Deans of the Greater Bridgeport Chapter - June 2012. Front (left to right) Flora Major, Alice Evans, Carole Fanslow. Back, Alan Barthel. RoseAnne Homola, Meg Williams, Dr. Paul Knox, Dr. John Michniewicz
We're proud of our many ongoing accomplishments as a Chapter:
- A $2,500 annual award to a student studying organ performance in an American University (M. Louise Miller Scholarship Fund - February annual solicitation).
- Annual Pipescreams Halloween Musical Extravaganza featuring the area university and youth choirs, along with our super-talented member performers (week before Halloween).
- Annual Community Choral Festival featuring 200+ singers in a massed choir led by the area's finest choral conductors and accompanists
- 2010 Pipe Organ Encounters summer program for teenage organ students led by wonderful instructors from the New Haven, Fairfield West and the Greater Bridgeport AGO Chapters.
- Every year we include a program specifically to help educate our members - leading choirs, handbells, Pedals-Pipes-Pizza for young students.
- It's not all work and no play. We enjoy supporting each other's concerts and socializing at our annual Epiphany party and Annual Dinners.
So whether you are full-time or part-time musician, choir member, soloist, instrumentalist, come get "plugged in" to the professional and social network of peers. Learn how working together and sharing our resources we can create exciting events and link you to opportunities you might not even know exist.
Publicity, M. Louise Miller-Paul E. Knox Scholarship
Past Chapter Deans
1948-1950: Dorothy Kish (founder) †
1950-1952: Ethel H. Brandon†
1952-1954: Robert L. Lenox†
1954-1955: M. Louise Miller†
1955-1957: Phyllis McCurry†
1957-1958: Dorothy Menne†
1958-1960: Florence B. Forstrom†
1960-1961: Charles Hickman†
1961-1962: Patricia Brown
1962-1964: Dorothy Partridge
1964-1966: John Alves
1966-1968: Francis L. Yates†
1968-1969: Frederick DeHaven
1969-1970: David L. Tate
1970-1972: Carole J. Fanslow
1972-1974: Alice B. Evans
1974-1975: Dr. Paul E. Knox†
1975: Alan Barthel
1976: Sonya T. Schopick*, Donald Keene*†
1976-1978: Sonya T. Schopick
1978-1981: Mark C. Kasmin
1981-1983: Barbara Bayers Muller
1983-1985: Suzanne Scott
1985-1986: Bruce J. Barber
1986-1989: Marie E. Lambert†
1989-1991: Barbara A. Bayers
1991-1996: K. Bryan Kirk
1996-1997: Wilma Y. Whitley
1997-1999: Carole J. Fanslow*, Kitty Hubbard*†
1999-2003: David L. Yoder
2003-2007: Flora H. Major
2007-2009: Dr. John T. Michniewicz
2009-2012: RoseAnne Homola
2012-2014: Rev. Meg Williams
2015-2016: Rev. Meg Williams*, Dottie Cameron*
2016- Dottie Cameron*, Bernadette Aubin Allan*